Monday, September 27, 2010

vogue and the sartorialist.

[photo credits: 1. patrick demarchelier for vogue; 2. me; 3. peggy sirtoa for marie claire]
ever since i was a young teenager, i've been obsessed with fashion magazines. i used to get my mom to buy me the latest magazines when she'd make her monthly pilgrimage to costco :)
and now, even though i'm still a starving student, i can't help but indulge in my monthly vogue, harper's bazaar and house & home magazines... and sometimes marie claire... and elle...

i'm a little behind the times and only discovered scott schuman's blog, the sartorialist, a year ago. as i am still in the early stages of establishing this blog and my sources of inspiration, i thought it might be a good idea to post about his beautiful book by the same name. i bought it at chapters last year and its my favourite coffee table book; i never get tired of flipping through it.  i really love seeing the amazing, unexpected style that ordinary people put together, that scott schuman finds and photographs. the colour and texture combinations inspire me to try to put together some new mixes of my own of things i have in my closet...
(ps. this vogue turkey cover of jessica stam is my favourite vogue cover to date. i love its simple power. i would LOVE to have a copy of this limited release issue. the rodarte dress worn by natalie portman for the marie claire photoshoot caught me off-guard, i'd never would have imagined wool, tie-dye, neon and plaid could look so beautiful together. i learn something new every day!)

1 comment: